View Single Post
October 31st, 2013, 02:39 PM
Okay, so I'm going to get a tad up close and personal with some of this because I am so confused! My boyfriend and I are debating on if we/I should go to the Dr, but want to make sure first that it's not just nothing. First off we aren't trying, I'm on birth control and we do use condoms about 90% of the time. But with that said we have both agreed that we will take whatever comes our way and get through as we can and will be ready if needed.

So last week I was suppose to get my period, I was a day late, but what I got wasn't a period exactly. It was brown, slimy and down right gross. It wasn't like a miscarriage though (we had one earlier this summer after a motorcycle accident, so I know kind of what that is like). It stayed for about 3- 3 1/2 days, it wasn't heavy by any means nor was the heaviness/lightness like what my regular periods are like. It went away just like that, no "Oh hey I'm going to be stopping soon" warning with a slow down of the blood, or what should have been blood. Now this is where it starts to get weird and why we are so confused. I started spotting on Tuesday, not enough to need a pantiliner but just enough to see when I'd wipe. It looks like watered down blood and nothing like my "period" so I think it's safe to say that it's not leftover from it.

I took a pregnancy test on the last day of my "period," it was negative, but now that I'm spotting I'm not exactly sure what to do. I took another one last night, but it didn't read correctly.

Has this happened to anyone else? What should I do (besides go to the Dr.)? We're both so confused and would like some information if you have some.

Thanks so much!