View Single Post
November 4th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I know that some of you ladies have it so much worse, so I feel awful complaining that I'm tired. However, no one else understands and I'm tired of trying to explain myself to non-preggos, so here it goes.....

I'm beyond tired. I was managing the fatigue for a while, but it's winning. I'm making stupid mistakes -- noticeable, stupid mistakes like forgetting a faculty meeting and forgetting an answer key and having to admit to the kids that I couldn't grade a review worksheet at home so they could have the answers for the test. Betsy makes comments like "Your room is so messy Mommy!" because straightening up is the last thing I want to do.

I get about three - four hours of energy in the morning (fueled by an adrenaline rush because traffic causes my stress to go through the roof) and then, that's it -- I crash by about 11 am. No amount of sugar, juice, protein, or anything else will wake me up. Most days, there is no hope for a nap.

I have 60 essays to grade. I have 160 completed tests as of Wednesday that will need grades. I have parent-teacher night time conferences on Thursday. Oh, and I have a daughter who was just diagnosed with the beginnings of pneumonia. "You should be grading papers and not playing on JM right now" I'm sure you're thinking...... but I lack the focus right now to start doing anything productive and you need to have focus when you're reading 60 essays on whether or not Hammurabi's law code was just.

I'm so flippin' tired. I just want to cry.

Thanks for listening to me whine. I'll stop now.