View Single Post
November 5th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Thanks ladies. I was at a meltdown point yesterday. A good night's sleep in my own bed helped immensely. Betsy is home sick again today so I decided to stay home too -- trying to get as much stuff done this morning while I still have a few hours of energy but still trying to force myself to sit every once and a while so I can go as long as possible. (I've already done a load of laundry, loaded the dishwasher, hand washed the two pots that can't go into the dishwasher, forced B to take her medicine, and entertained her as well.) Plus, all three of us are sick now, so that's sapping my energy as well.

I'm going to make some quiet lesson plans for the next couple of days so I can try and get caught up on the grading. I'm hoping that if things go smoothly today, I can grade a few of the papers. The tests are a different story -- I won't even have them in my possession until tomorrow. Usually, students are pretty understanding about why grading takes so long, especially when I tell them that Betsy has been so sick (they adore her, so I know that they'll understand and they'll tell their parents why I'm so behind, so I shouldn't get complaints).

I have a three day weekend coming up (a real one, not a 4 day weekend due to a sick kiddo), so I'm looking forward to that. DH is going fishing with his dad (and I can't ask him not to go as his dad is over 70, lives 6 hours away, and they haven't done this in forever), so I'm going to see if maybe my mom can watch B for a couple of hours so I can grade.

Thanks again for listening to my pity-party rant. And thanks for letting me know that I'm not the only one. That made me feel better.

LOL -- and Amy, I talk to my belly all of the time and remind this baby that it needs to be the super-chill mellow little sibling!