Topic: VBAC hopeful
View Single Post
November 6th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Frankie and Ronin's mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBaby View Post
I haven't talked to DH about it yet, but I do have the websites bookmarked I want him to read. What's confusing is he says he's ok with me going into labor and yet wants to schedule the csection before I even have a chance all because the OB scared DH with the "the risk of complications and stillbirth and death of the mother increases beyond 39 weeks" sort of stuff. It doesn't make any sense to me. Why does my OB think 40 weeks and beyond is potentially deadly?
I'm not sure, I haven't heard that. I know my ob schedules the rcs at 39 weeks to avoid going into labor but that's if you're not attempting a vbac.

Any update? Have you talked with dh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara22 View Post
I'm attempting my first vbac after 2 cesarians. My OB seems supportive so far, though he's stating that in order to allow me to attempt, I have to allow a lot of interventions. The hospital that I plan on giving birth in has one of the lowest cesarian rates in town, and has history of successful VBAmC's. He has not scheduled a cesarean date yet, but if he tries to, I'll probably throw a fit. I plan on throwing a lot of fits once I go into labor to get out of the interventions too. I'm due around late March/Early April...so I figure I'll start having to fight for my VBA2C as the time gets closer.
Good luck! I hope you have a mostly intervention free vbac!