View Single Post
November 6th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Third is unpredictable View Post
I also don't think comments like breastfeeding is very difficult are helpful or necessarily true. I breastfed my first child for 6 weeks and second for 13 months. The fact is both have pros and cons.
Only con I can think of is when small not being able to be away from baby for long periods of time. I was told I HAVE to stop and switch, how am I supposed to get a babysitter and go out?? Sorry, my baby's health is more important than me getting drunk every weekend like you. People learned quick to keep their mouths shut around me let me tell ya. lol.

Mine self weaned at 3 1/2 yrs old, not a drop of formula. No it was NOT easy, or pain free, if I didnt spend hours upon hours learning I would've gave up too. I'm still learning. This one will be the same. I've asked my midwife if she checks for tongue tie at birth, she does. If this baby had a cleft palate I'd know already from U/S wouldnt I? *crossing fingers for no problems but not really worried*

The first time, I got tons of cans in the mail and from showers. I kept them around "just in case" and believe me there were many times I wanted to say **** it and open a can, but never did and glad for it. If it wasnt for my hours of research I never would've known the immediate and long term health benefits are vastly different, thats what kept me going. I am glad I was able to send them away to moms that needed them instead of throwing them out, they arent cheap!! o.0 Oh and all moms I know only bf for as long as you are "supposed to" That time is about 6 weeks btw I've had to deal with A LOT of flack, but I dealt with it and wont have to again this time thankfully (I hope)

It's a womans personal choice and no one should be dragged through the gutter like I was, no matter what choice a mom makes. I'm passionate about MY baby but wont say anything to anyone else, not my kid not my choice. Hopefully people in this part of Ontario will show me the respect of I dont tell them how to raise their kids, dont tell me how to raise mine. We shall see.