View Single Post
November 6th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Agree--it really depends.

With #1 I gained 55-60lbs. I lost the weight VERY slowly. I lost 20lbs initially (baby, fluids, swelling, etc), and then the rest of it came off in tiny bits over the course of two and a half years. I was breast-feeding that whole time. I did eventually lose it all and then some, though.

With #2 I gained 39lbs. I had a lot less swelling, so initially I lost about 10lbs. I'm about 7 months post-partum and I've lost another 15lbs since then, for a total of 25 so far. I wouldn't say the weight is just falling off, but it's coming off faster than it did with #1. I can already fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans, which took much longer to do after #1.

Congrats, by the way, and good for you for wanting to breast feed! I hope it goes well for you. Definitely come back if you have questions or just need support. It can be a lot of work in the beginning, but it can also be so rewarding. And I agree that it's definitely possible to work and continue the breastfeeding relationship--I pumped at work with #1 until 12 months, and then we kept BF until nearly 2.5 years. And I'm still pumping at work with #2 at nearly 7 months.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!