View Single Post
November 6th, 2013, 11:33 PM
Veteran
Do what is best for you and your baby. I think that if mom is overlooked when the baby is born that is more of a disservice to the mother/baby dyad than people recognize! Mental health is so so so important. If you feel good with it, go with it. (That applies to everything! Not just breastfeeding )

Do you have questions about formula? I may be able to help you navigate the minefield. I am not a formula professional but I am heavily submerged in the baby world and I would be happy to offer you some pointers on formula types, bottles, things to say to ward off the psychos that think it is their business... Feel free to send me a PM.

I can also help you safely dry up your breastmilk supply. If you don't do this properly you are at risk for plugged ducts, engorgement, edema and mastitis. The latter will make you quite ill.

The WHO (World Health Organization) website has some info about it. The most informative piece of information that mamas usually don't know about formula is that the water must be boiled to sterilize the formula itself, not the water.

Happy wife, proud mom and aspiring Lactation Consultant.