Topic: Pumping Q
View Single Post
November 7th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Super Mommy
I'm hoping and intending to breastfeed. I'll be staying at home with LO for at least the first few months, maybe longer. Although I know it's feasible to only feed by breast, I'm sure I'll want to pump some. I want my SO to be able to feed her occasionally, and to be able to go out without her once in awhile and have someone care for her. I'd rather not supplement if I don't have to.

So, what kind of pump should I buy? By that, I mean electric or manual? I'd really much rather get a manual if I can get away with it. For one, it's loads cheaper. For another (and still the same idea,) I'd rather buy one while I'm in The States in a couple weeks, rather than here. The savings will be quite substantial. For that to happen I really need it to be a manual, as converting a charger to work here is a pain and it's entirely possible I'll blow it up. Unless they work on batteries too? I want to buy a good brand, as this is one area I don't feel buying the economy brand would be the best move.

BUT if you all think there's no way a manual will be sufficient, then I'll suck it up and get an electric. Thanks for the input ladies!