View Single Post
November 9th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Super Mommy
I am a little late starting this, but now that things have calmed down I definitely wanted to document our first pregnancy and all the things/changes we are going through! We have had a few small anxious moments early on in the first trimester, but the second trimester has been very good to us!

As of today I am 17 weeks pregnant. My due date is April 19th, and my husband and I are just over the moon with excitement!! We found out that we were pregnant while on our honeymoon/1 year wedding anniversary trip at Disney World! The day we left for Disney, I was 14DPO and we tested with a FRER that morning, and got a stark white results. We were both sad but decided just to enjoy our trip and enjoy each other and not worry about it anymore, that the next month would be our month!

So we spend the first few days as Disney going to all of the parks and riding as many rides as we could, eating good food and I had one drink. On the third day of Disney, I was feeling really irritable which is not like me at all, and super tired and thirsty. My boobs were a little tender but not terrible. I kept going to the bathroom expecting to see my period but it never came. I told my husband and he said right way 'You're pregnant!' I told him no way, we already tested so my period is probably just late after coming off the birth control earlier that summer. He was convinced I was pregnant.

The next morning we slept in, and I took one last cheapie that I had in my purse and tossed it to the side. My husband and I spent a while having some *ahem* fun and then I remember him getting out of bed, walking towards the dresser where the test was, and he said 'Oh my God, I see a freaking line baby!!!' He ran back over and showed me the test, and sure enough there was a SUPER FAINT line, but it was there. My stomach did flips and I was so excited and nervous, because the line was so faint I was skeptical. I told my husband we should keep it a secret until we got a darker line but he wasn't having that, he took a pic and sent it to all of our family! Needless to say once we went to Epcot that day we avoided all the rides that pregnant women are not supposed to ride and did the same at the other parks. Later that night we went to the store in the hotel and got another test, I tested the next morning and it was a little darker!

Needless to say it was a wonderful honeymoon trip, we also went to Panama City Beach and TN to visit my grandparents, and we were over the moon the whole time knowing that we were going to be having our first baby! I love how excited and supportive and involved my husband has been with our pregnancy, I know he is going to be the most wonderful father and I love him so much words could never express!

Now to keep track of everything else that has been going on! In the next post I will update everyone on the small scare we had in the first trimester and then be up to date with postings from there! I will also add the U/S pics from so far too.

We are so thankful and blessed to be here now, I am so excited to see what the future brings!