Topic: rant....
View Single Post
November 10th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
OK I have to get this off my chest....
Why is that when you're pregnant EVERYBODY feels they can tell you what is OK or not ok to eat drink do, etc.
My MIL is already hounding me about getting the flu shot, which I have never gotten and don't plan to. Then, constantly questioning what I can and can't eat or drink. Lunch meant, nitrites, caffeine.. UGH!!
I get that these are things that are not recommended or ideal but I will not die nor will my baby if I have a Pepsi and a slice of pepperoni pizza.
One of my biggest pet peeves is people telling me what to do. My Dr says to use judgment so I am.... All things are OK in limited quantities.
The thing that gets me even more is my job will be more hazardous to pregnancy than any of the foods! I work in a food microbiology lab where there is listeria being tested everywhere! I don't have to go near it obviously, but i have more of a hazard there than a piece of peoperoni!!!!
Plus, MIL is constantly asking if I am taking prenatal asking and what's to know what kind and if the Dr said they were OK because my SIL has prescription ones. I'm an adult and have been taking care of myself for a very long time... back off!!
Sorry just needed to get that off my chest. I do love and respect my in laws. I just hate being compared to other people in any way as do I hate being smothered. ......
Rant over...