View Single Post
November 10th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
Last night was awful! I was up pretty much all night with BH contractions. It started right after dinner. I was just lying on the couch and all of a sudden my uterus just clamped down and it stayed that way for over a half hour. I was a little short of breath and just had a lot of tightness, mainly at the top of my uterus. It finally subsided but then started again within 45 minutes. So I decided to go to bed. I was freaking out because I really haven't had many BH contractions and I'm pretty sure they're supposed to come and go, not be constant. This was around 9:30-10:00. At 11:30 I was woken up by my uterus once again clamping down, so I got up and peed and got a drink. I was able to lie back down and go to sleep, but any time I moved to roll over it stimulated another contraction. Finally around 2:30 I got up and ate a little ice cream and had a small glass of milk because I think I've heard that calcium can help. I was able to go back to sleep and stayed asleep until about 4:30 before I had to hit the bathroom again and although I felt a little tightness, it was nowhere near as bad as it was earlier in the night. Thankfully they haven't returned this morning. I felt babies moving around and besides a little tightness in my back that passed after a few seconds I had no other symptoms.

I have an NST and an appointment with the nurse practitioner tomorrow, so I'll be talking to her about this. I wonder if I might have an irritable uterus? That's all Dr. Google came up with.

Has anyone else experienced a long contraction or tightening like that?