View Single Post
November 11th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I dont know if my story will help you, but I hope you can get something out of it. I started dating my bf (now fiance) on april 17, 2009. I had just turned 20 in feb. We found out I was pregnant May 13,2009. Yes. Less than one month, which was SHOCKING, because it was supposed to be very difficult for me to get pregnant due to scarring in my uterus- but thats a different story. I should add he and I had been aquatainces for years before that. In march, 2009 just before we started dating, he was laid off. I had just quit my job in September of 08 to attend school full time, which completely fell through, by the time I applied for my second semester and I was working hard at getting a job as a CNA- because I did have my CNA license. But at that point the economy had taken a nose dive and I couldnt even get a side job, and niether could my bf- not to due lack of trying. When I was 7 months pregnant we ended up applied for government aid, such as welfare, foodstamps, medi-cal, and WIC. Our son was born January 24, 2010. <3 In may I ended up with a part-time job. We struggled. Barely had gas money for work or to get groceries. Thankfully we had foodstamps. Our family helped us as far as throwing a great baby shower, my dad bought us a crib, and everyone bought us everything we needed which was amazing. Brian ended up getting a few side jobs- just side work for people, but nothing steady. In the process of switching from the pill to the shot, I found out I was pregnant in aug 2010. Our second son was born in may 2011. By the grace of god Brian found a job in Sept 2011. It was definitely a difficult road. Just this year we were able to get off all assistance, which was our goal from day one. Everything ended up working out and I couldnt be more happy with our boys and more in love with my fiance. That said, it was difficult. We really struggled. It was stressful, it tested our relationship. there were days I felt like I had failed. But there were also days that were very gratifying. All in all, despite the hardships, if I had to make the same decisions, I would do it all over again. Granted not all relationships do work, it takes determination, and work, but if you are both willing to put in the effort and love even when you cants stand each other, and support and are there for one another, and put your children first (but also make sure you are able to take a night alone together, even if its just someone watching the baby for you while you go to mcdonalds and get a coffee together) You will be able to get through your hardships as well. I wish you the best of luck! If you need any advice or just want to talk feel free to msg me