View Single Post
November 11th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
And I'm ok with that. My OB gave me the go ahead to schedule for 10 days after baby's due date so that's what we did. I also pre registered with the hospital. My glucose test came back fine, which was an answer to my prayers.

Of course, my OB did start listing his criteria for allowing me to try. The usual baby under 9 pounds to fit in my "small pelvis", something about a decrease in amniotic fluid as the pregnancy goes "late", and keeping an eye on the placenta, he'd prefer if I go into labor by 39 weeks, all that stuff. I am well aware of ultrasound measurements being as much as 2 pounds off either way when measuring full term babies. I have also read tons of stories of women who go on to have successful vbacs of babies bigger than their csection babies. Very encouraging.

Honestly, I'm just relieved I wasn't bullied into scheduling it even at 40 weeks, much less 39. 10 days late sounds very reasonable to me. I went into spontaneous labor with DD at midnight of around 9-10 days after her due date. Actually, it happened to be the night before I was scheduled to be induced. DH is 100% on board with going late, even though there is a slight increase in risks associated with the pregnancy going late. He is being very supportive of this. Whether or not I stuck with my OB hinged on this appointment. I'm feeling better about sticking with him.

I know to some of you a 10 day window to go into labor might sound unreasonable, but hearing my Ob say I could schedule the csection 10 days late was truly an answer to my prayers today. It certainly felt like a step in the right direction. Now I'm just praying for a smooth rest of the pregnancy and delivery and recovery.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.