View Single Post
November 12th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry that your first birth went so badly.
I do think it's normal to be scared. It's a monumental thing, and so much can go wrong. My first birth went well, but my second was hard for a ton of reasons. He was almost a csection. He barely fit (the midwife had to 'reach in' and move and adjust him for him to make it), and he was only 6 lbs, 8 oz. I'm worried that means a csection for me if this one is any bigger.
I'm definitely worried I'll end up giving birth in the car in february since my labors go fast. But then if he doesn't fit, what then??
With Marcus, the placenta didn't come off the way it should, some stuck, and i had massive bleeding, and had to be on some sort of pill for two weeks that gave me terrible cramps (hard with a newborn) and made me bleed even more.

I also know two women here on jm, that in the last year have lost a baby during or right before laboring. I have no idea how I would make it through that or handle it. That is terrifying. Far more than any other labor worry, of course.

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26