View Single Post
November 12th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The appointment went wonderfully. Everything that happened yesterday was truly an answer to my prayers. My glucose screening test came back perfectly fine and that was the first big hurdle to get over to make vbac possible. Next, I went into the appointment expecting to schedule the csection right on my due date, at 40 weeks on the dot. DH asked my OB for me what the latest I could go is and my OB said he is comfortable with up to 10 days after the due date. Csection is now set for the 15 of February!!

He then listed his criteria for letting me try. Things like small baby to fit through my narrow pelvis, amniotic fluid levels as apparently that can decrease as baby grows, labor on or before 39-40 weeks, all that. There are a ton of birth stories on the internet of moms having successful vbacs of babies bigger than their csection baby. I also know ultrasound measurements in those last weeks can be as much as 2 pounds off in either direction.

I went into spontaneous labor with DD the night before I was scheduled to be induced at 10 days late. I'm hoping the same thing happens this time, but earlier would be good too lol.

I'm pretty much praying for a smooth rest of my pregnancy, a smooth, easier delivery, and easy recovery. I have to admit, I am feeling so relieved and much better about this. DH is behind me 100% and even offered to call the insurance to switch OBs for me! Whether or not I was going to switch hinged on this appointment and I have to say I feel pretty good about sticking with my current OB. I also felt good enough about this to go ahead and preregister with the hospital. This is certainly a step in the right direction.
Mom to a 2 year old baby girl, 2 week old baby boy, and one in Heaven.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.