View Single Post
November 12th, 2013, 11:39 PM
Super Mommy
Your last birth story does sound scary. I'm so sorry you had such a rough time! I had a similar experience but not as bad I think. I was also induced with pitocin but my water broke right before they were going to break it. They then gave me my epidural which was awful. I got this paralyzing electric shock all throughout my body and as it turns out, it only numbed my sides and legs, not my tummy and back where I needed it. They kept giving me boluses of pain meds as I kept telling them how awful the contractions were from the pitocin, but it did nothing except make my legs even more numb. Finally I begged for another epidural and while they were giving it to me my bp and my ds's bp also tanked. They proceeded to rip out the epidural and strip me and get tons of hot blankets on me as I was shivering so badly. There were so many nurses/docs in the room. My dh said it was the most terrifying thing he's ever seen. The worst of it was they wouldn't stop my pitocin, without my docs consent and seeing that it was the middle of the night I had to wait 3 hours for my dr. to be paged and get there. It was the most pain I have ever experienced. Suffice to say, when my doc did get there she pretty much bullied me into the csection as she was trying to do the night before, and I just gave in from the pain. Thankfully my spinal went fine and so did my C-section and my ds was born with no issues.

BC of everything I went through last time, I changed ob/gyn's and the hospital I'll be delivering at. I was hoping to Vbac this time around, but that depends on my complete previa moving. Otherwise I will have a repeat C-section between 36-37 weeks. I am also really scared of having another epidural after both experiences last time, but I know me and I have zero pain tolerance so I have to get one.

So I am right there with you being really nervous and scared to do the whole delivery thing again. (((hugs)))

1st Beta (6/17/13 - 14 dpo) - 150
2nd Beta (6/20/13 - 17 dpo) - 622
3rd Beta (6/24/13 - 21 dpo) - 2518
4th Beta (6/27/13 - 24 dpo) - 7142
1st Ultrasound (7/1/13 - 6w0d - measuring 5w6d, 103 bpm, CRL - 2.59 mm)
2nd Ultrasound (7/9/13 - 7w1d - measuring 7w1d, 144 bpm, CRL - 10.15 mm)
3rd Ultrasound (7/26/13 - 9w4d - measuring 9w4d, 140-150 bpm, CRL - 2.8 cm)
4th Ultrasound / NT Scan (8/12/13 - 12w0d - measuring 12w6d, 142 bpm, CRL - 6.5 cm)