Topic: Teachers
View Single Post
November 13th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Julka
I haven't "met" her except on the first day of school. Our parent/teacher meeting is this Friday so I am going to meet her then. However, I haven't had issues.

Here's the thing: Over the last 3 years, two parents whose kids were at her class told me she's not the greatest teacher. They said papers don't come home, she doesn't mark any work, etc. But this isn't at all what I've seen. Veronika has been bringing all the important things home, EVERY page of homework she did got marked and she got a sticker at the top of the page. Veronika really likes her! So I after what I was told, that's been a relief.

Homeschooling is completely not my thing though. I wouldn't homeschool just because I don't like a teacher. Growing up, I've had teachers I absolutely hated and also those who'll always have a special place in my heart. It's all part of going through life. Learning experience. Next year he might have a teacher you'll absolutely love.

And I don't think there "no going back" once you homeschool. I know someone who was homeschooling her 4 kids & recently switched to public school (her kids are all kindergarten through middle-school age).