View Single Post
November 14th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What are you getting the people in your life?

DH and I had a bit of a hissy fit last year. We got nothing but gift cards. Which would have been fine if all that we gave hadn't been just gift cards as well...and usually in the same denominations. We decided that this was ridiculous. So we've been planning all year about what we're going to make or other unique gifts.

I am taking care of the women in the family and DH is taking care of the men. I am found a super easy clutch pattern online and have just finished cutting material out for 2 of them, but will be adding a third tomorrow. I also just cut out placemats for my Mom. I got waffle muslin to make napkins as well but it shrank WAY too much so now I'm going to get a large soft pillow and turn the material into a pillow case as kind of an accent pillow for her new couch. So she's getting a lot (placemats, napkins, pillow, lol). If anyone thinks this sounds too complicated I'd like to assure you that it's all a bunch of straight lines and except for the purses, no hemming. And even the purses don't have much.

Still trying to figure out my step-mother and mother-in-law.

DH's gift is going to be the same for every man/family. It's going to be a homemade gift basket. He's been brewing cider all year and everyone is going to get a few bottles. They'll also be getting homemade chocolate granola and a soup mix. We're still trying to figure out a few other items to include. We're thinking nice smelling laundry detergent or something.

So far we've figured out that we'll be spending less than $20 a person but each person will get something nice and homemade and something delicious .

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!