View Single Post
November 19th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Veteran
*BEFORE READING THIS, PLEASE KNOW THAT I KNOW PEOPLE PERSONALLY THAT HAVE NO ISSUES HAVING NATURAL LABORS, IN FACT I DON'T KNOW ANYONE THAT HAD SUCH A ROUGH EXPERIENCE AS I DID*

I am due to have my 5th child in May. With my 3rd I had complications with an epidural and it was suggested I not have another one. I have bad reactions to narcotics. With my last baby I didn't have any other choice but to do natural. 12 hours of labor. I couldn't even breath through contractions, it felt like the air had just been pushed out of my lungs. By the end I was crying for any pain relief. This was the most painful thing I have ever done. I can still remember the pain. Thinking about it makes me want to throw up. I can't even *think* about what is going to happen in May.

I'm looking for some different coping with pain methods that have worked for you.

The jacuzzi didn't help, my DH was useless. The nurses were really great, though I'm going to a different hospital this time. Different breathing techniques don't work if I can't get a breath out. What I really need is a way to deal with the pain.