View Single Post
November 19th, 2013, 02:24 PM
.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
^ Wonderfully said!

I also say that knowledge is power when it comes to labor. What helps me is knowing as much as I can about pregnancy and labor (I forget a lot of it after I have the kid and then have to re-research darn it ) and REALLY empowering myself and getting all "I am woman hear me roar" type of thing.

Because I psyched myself up so much with #1 it was painless all the way up to 10cm. I'm not exaggerating, it was PAINLESS.

I didn't "prepare" myself as much with #2 b/c I was having a homebirth so I figured it'd be like #1, well since I didn't do the whole "empowering" thing I wasn't as enthusiastic and all "LET'S DO THIS!" with the birth and it was painful, not terribly, but it did hurt some and oooooooooooooh so exhausting.

1.) Educate yourself on EVERYTHING in regards to natural labor techniques etc....
2.) Read about different birthing relaxation methods as previously said. The book I love and use with each pregnancy is Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way (it really involves the hubby), it is chock full of information and this book made me fall in love with WANTING to give birth.

I cannot wait to do it again! Best of luck to you!!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC