View Single Post
November 20th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Regular
Hi ladies,

I am hoping someone can give me some insight or share their experience if they dealt with low HCG levels in early pregnancy. I just found out last friday that I am pregnant. I have a blood clotting disorder called anti-thrombin III deficiency, had a mc a little over a year ago (9 weeks along) and recently diagnosed with PCOS also. I have been taking Lovenox since the start of my last pregnancy and continued while ttc due to my high risk for mc (so I've been on it for well over a year now). Finally, after a very long stressful year of struggles after my mc, we finally got pregnant again! However, I had my beta HCG done friday, the same day I got a positive on a FRER and my level was only a 7!! The RN at my RE's office told me that I should expect to bleed over the weekend and basically told me I will be miscarrying again. I had 2 meltdowns through the weekend, but no bleeding, nothing...just more pg symptoms. They did another beta that following monday and it was 20. Still EXTREMELY low, but I couldn't help but have some hope since it did nearly triple... but the number itself is still so low, I'm trying to not get my hopes up too much. Now, 2 days later we checked it again today and it was 32. It didn't even double, but the good news is that it still went up and didn't plateau or drop down. Its like its going up just enough to give me a tiny bit of hope but not enough to make any sort of difference. Has anyone experienced anything like this? I mean, I've read how people with numbers in the 80's and low 100's are worried about their numbers being low... and this isn't even close to levels like that. Should I keep any hope at all at this point? I don't want to stress because I know it will just make matters worse. But it's hard not to, and I can't help but worry. I know all I can do is take things one day at a time, and I assume I will be re-checking my level again friday. But if anyone has any info about this, or even better... some sort of good news or happy endings with numbers like this, please share! I could really use some encouragement right now and a little hope & even some finger crossing. But even if you have bad news regarding this, I still want to hear that too. I really want to understand this the best I can and know what my odds could possibly be at this point (no sugar coating necessary). By the way, I believe I should be about 5 weeks and 1 or 2 days.

Thanks so much for listening...

Crystal