View Single Post
November 21st, 2013, 05:54 AM
My son sounds very much like your son. Thankfully he is much better (knock on wood) with his younger brother, but he has very up and down behavior. My 10 yr old was diagnosed with ADHD/ODD and dsythmia with possible ASD. He is very smart and does well in school, but he has social issues, behavior issues, regulatory issues, maturity issues and meltdowns. He had a huge meltdown this morning because I asked him to pick up his things, and he wanted to play. We are on day 2 of Vyvanse and I'm hoping that things get better. I can see already though that his sleeping might be affected which worries me and his anxiety/irritability seems to be up. I took my son off of Concerta the beginning of Oct. to try the gluten/casein/dye free diet. His mood greatly improved, and he began sleeping really well again and his anxiety was down. He was not able to focus at school and pay attention though and his schoolwork suffered. So I guess what I'm saying is how much of it do you think is his behavior and how much do you think could be the side effects of the meds? I'm really in a similar boat because I feel like could it be something else going on. So sorry not much help, but know you are not alone. It definitely feels like so much more though then just ADHD.