Topic: Your story
View Single Post
November 22nd, 2013, 11:01 AM
I was 18 when I got pregnant. I had only met the baby's dad a month and a half before, but we were already pretty serious and had basically decided that we wanted to get married at some point (which I know seems crazy to most people, but it felt right to us). We were both working full time jobs; I had just taken a semester off from college in order to save and make it easier on myself the next year. We both come from very religious families, but both were supportive. We don't believe in abortion, so even though we were young and completely unprepared, that was never an option for us. His family really pressured us into getting married and keeping the baby, and that's what we ended up doing shortly thereafter. I really regret not spending more time thinking and talking about what was best for us before we made a decision based off his parents' beliefs. I wish we had waited to get married for the original date we set, but I think we would have kept the baby anyway. I'm currently 36 and 1/2 weeks pregnant, and we couldn't be more excited about our little girl, as hard as it has been and will continue to be.