View Single Post
November 25th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Life had become complicated as I just found out last week that I am pregnant. The issue is what to do:
I am a professional woman in my mid thirties with two beautiful kids (4 and 8 years old). I was married for 10 years but recently became separated. Over the past 9 months, I developed a relationship with a man that I knew when I was just a teenager. Our reconnection was quick and instantaneous and quite intense. I am pregnant with his baby. The issue is that my family does not know about my boyfriend, and my kids also haven't been introduced yet. I can honestly say that I am excited about this baby- I love this guy and he loves me. We are connected in a way that I cannot even explain. We both are excited. The issue is that this is all happening too close to my official separation (my marriage has been in shambles for years but we decided to split at the time that I reconnected with my long lost friend. My connection with him told me that I needed out of my bad marriage). I am honestly afraid of what my family and friends will say, but mostly about how my kids will react. Abortion is a possibility, but deep down I am so excited about this baby- I never even thought I would want another. Is the shame associated with an unwanted pregnancy from someone who always did everything "by the books" enough of a reason to terminate? Is this doable or am I just running high on pregnancy hormones and young love? How will this affect my kids? They are my primary concern....HELP! Advice is appreciated!