View Single Post
November 27th, 2013, 01:00 AM
Padawan Kim
Kaeldra was sleeping so well at 4 months-- she didn't go to sleep for the night until 2 a.m. back then, but at least she slept long stretches of 6-8 hours most nights. Once she hit 5 months, her sleep regressed. Lately she's been going to sleep around midnight, then wakes up once or twice a night (sometimes more), usually around 3 a.m. and 5 a.m., and is up by 8:30 or 9. When she wakes up, I have to nurse her back to sleep and it takes half an hour to an hour or more for her to fall back to sleep. She won't take a pacifier and isn't soothed by patting her or anything. If I let her cry, she just cries harder and harder until she is very worked up and wide awake. She doesn't seem very hungry, though, because she doesn't suck very hard. I think she's just mostly using me as a pacifier.

Her naps are all over the place. Today, for example, it's almost 6 p.m., and she's only taken one 11 minute nap at 12:30. Most of her naps have been 15-30 minutes lately, and she'll often only nap on me. She wakes up if I try to put her down. It makes it very difficult to get anything done!

She's been getting 10-12 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period most days, but there have been some days she gets under 9 hours...I'm worried she's not sleeping enough! My husband says maybe she just doesn't need as much sleep as other babies, but I don't know.

She's still sleeping in our bedroom because the other room doesn't have a heater/A/C installed. Since she's been waking more often at night and she wakes up so easily from my husband moving around, he's been sleeping in another room lately. That can't go on much longer! Not sure what to do. :/ I think the reason she goes to sleep so late is that my husband gets home from work late, at 10 p.m. Bleh.