Repair of medela diaphram? (newbaby2006 was successful?)
View Single Post
November 27th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Join Date: Nov 2013
Finally, I got the diaphragm fixed after a few tries with different adhesive. You need silicone adhesive or sealant; not caulk. You can get it at any hardware store for around $6-7.
1. Prepare both side of the surface around the tear. I used a small Dremel rotary steel brush to lightly scruff up the surface around the tear for better adhesion.
2. clean the prepared surface with alcohol wipes and let dry.
3. apply the glue with toothpick on both side of the tear about 2mm thick. Make sure it covers ~3-4mm around the tear to form an airtight seal.
4. should be ready in 24 hours.
I'm not sure how long the fix will holdup. I'll post the result in a few month.
View Public Profile
Find all posts by cchuah