View Single Post
November 27th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Super Mommy
Well, I didn't really know why lol I had just heard that there are different forms of inositol and to make sure to get the myo one. So I did a little googling for you to find out why and this is what I found...

"Myo inositol (which is regular inositol at the store) and D chiro inositol both have had success with helping women with pcos symptoms - mood swings, depression, anxiety, hair loss, acne, ovulation, etc. The difference between the two seems to be that the D chiro inositol (DCI) is the pure form of inositol as where the myo needs to be converted by the body to DCI. Some women's bodies do convert and some dont, so some choose the DCI form over the MYO, but others do take both supplements together or the MYO alone and still have results. "

"Some sites I have found say MYO inositol is more beneficial for ovulation then the DCI form, but both have benefits for ovulation. A dose of MYO is higher then DCI form - Myo usually around 2,000-4,000MG and DCI about 1200MG "

So in short: You probably already have the myo one and even if you didn't, it probably wouldn't matter I am sure you would be able to check on the back of the label to see which one it is though.

Here is the link to the site, some good info!

myo inositol vs d chiro inositol - ALL LADIES PLEASE READ!! | MyFitnessPal.com

What dosage are you taking? I am on 4000mg (half in the morning and the other half at night). I really hope it helps us shorten our cycles!! FX

My Ovulation Chart