View Single Post
December 1st, 2013, 07:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So I have this friend that had her first baby about 2 months ago. Before getting pregnant she said she wanted 12 kids. After getting pregnant she went down to 2. And now she doesnt want any more. Everything has become so negative with her. I have never heard her say one positive word about her baby. Instead, she always calls it the "little dictator" or other similar harsh names. I have tried to be supportive through all of this but she seems to be pissed that I don't hate my child. She is also angry with me because I go 18 weeks of maternity leave and she only gets 12.

last night one of our other friends got married. She shows up with the baby because she refused to leave her with a baby sitter and her mom was out of town so she couldnt watch it (even though the bride and groom were very clear that they did not want kids there). Throughout the night she was sullen and angry about everything baby related. She also told this story about how they had just flown back from Chicago (where his family lives) and that his family was angry because she would not allow the baby's cousins in the same room with her (they werent sick, she just refused to let toddlers near the baby). I kept my mouth shut but I was thinking--Hell you just had the child on a plane. you can't get any more germs than that so 2 healthy toddlers arent going to do any harm. Anyways, after being sullen and angry all night the topic of her maternity leave was brought up by one of our friends. She said she only gets 12 weeks and so I asked when the 12 weeks is up. She snaps back with "I dont know. Why don't you just shut up. You and every other *** hole that wants to tell me how bad its going to suck to leave the kid." (which I wasn't going to say because I thought it was great to go back to work part-time and get some adult time).

Anyways, I have tried to be supportive but I think this might have been the last straw. Has anyone dealt with this before and do you have any suggestions?