View Single Post
December 3rd, 2013, 10:05 AM
CopperBoom!
Ugh! This is such a debate between DH and I

Right now, I drive a 2013 Jeep Patriot. When DS was born, I had a 2007 Chevy Cobalt, 2 door. I drove it until last year (he was 2) and updated. I so wish I had waited now. It's the perfect car for a family of 4 (seriously, if this is baby 1 or 2 for anyone and you need an upgrade, I highly recommend it, haha. The price is amazing and the gas mileage is great-I get 29 mpg combined), but there is no way to fit 3 car seats in the back. Even if we did get cheap boosters and booster the 3 and 5 year old (which I hate to do, especially when they fit perfectly in their carseats).

DH drives and 1892 Honda Civic. Okay, I don't know the actual year, but it has 256,000 miles on it (that's serious). It also can't fit all 3 kids, but it's great on gas, paid off, the insurance on it is basically nothing. So he will keep it to drive to work until it dies.

So...I feel like we should trade the Jeep in (even though I will cry) and get a Grand Caravan. Which, DH agrees we should do at some point (technically, he wants an Escalade or a Suburban, but I have convinced him that while the kids are small a mini van is going to be way better). HOWEVER, he also has a truck. It's a 2006 Silverado crew cab. And technically, it seats 6. We could easily fit 3 car seats in the back. BUT...it would be tight. There would be no extra room. And DS and DSD would be able to mess with the baby. DH says the truck will be fine for awhile, and if we really can't aford the mini van, I'll be okay with it. I just want to LOOK and see if maybe we can get it before baby comes home.