View Single Post
December 5th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh my! I would have completely gone off on my DH if he said something like that.

I'm sure he's just frustrated, but it is not even close to okay to threaten something like that. Statements like that just serve to undermine the trust you have in a relationship. I would definitely tell him that those kinds of threats are out of the question, no matter how upset/frustrated/mad he is.

Are there any women in his life that could explain to him that you will be limited in what you can do since you're pregnant? Like another woman he respects that has been pregnant before? I don't know if that might help him understand a little better, just a thought.

Also, sometimes guys take not being intimate with them to mean that they have become unattractive, unlikable, or something to us in a way. So maybe if there's other things you can do for him to reassure him about that? Maybe that would explain why he's getting so upset as well. I obviously don't know if that's really what's going on or not.

I hope it gets better for you, and I'm sorry he's having a hard time right now. I'm so so sorry he would say something so mean and hurtful to you.