View Single Post
December 5th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Veteran
There is also this:

An Old Fashioned Education

which is Christian and free, but I don't have any first hand experience using it.

and this:

A Homeschool Curriculum for Preschool and Kindergarten

I've heard good things about Easy Peasy and bad things about K12. My kindergartener uses a combo of his older siblings' hand-me-downs, free resources from the internet, and some modern resources that are inexpensive and pre-owned.

Kindy is not mandatory in my state, so technically I'm not even a homeschooler yet/any more. dd2 is a homeschool grad and ds1 started public school for the first time in 9th grade.

My thoughts on public charter schools are more appropriate for the debate board than here, lol, but I don't really have time for that right now and you should be able to dig up the info you need with a good search engine and a bit of common sense.

Since you're doing your research for next year, you also have plenty of time to use Interlibrary Loan. There is absolutely nothing wrong with borrowing a text or workbook from the library to make sure that it is right for your child before you buy it. Even if it only costs $10 or $15, it's a lot easier on the ego to take the book back to the library and put your credit card back in your pocket than to admit to yourself that you made a mistake, package it back up, and pay for the shipping to get what's left of your money back.