View Single Post
December 5th, 2013, 11:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello, friends. I know I'm not good at keeping up. But the good news is, I should be from here on out! I am done my contract at work. I will still work occasional days but have freedom to not be exhausted every day from work.

I'm not sure if I told you all about my trip to Nashville. I write country music and I have had three songs picked up by a publisher. (I'm in Nashville now). He invited me back to do some more writing work. I decided I should come before the baby gets here!

Well, he offered me a five year contract on all my songs. This means that I would be a staff songwriter for his company and receive royalties for songs he sells. The problem is that he wants me to send five years writing strictly gospel music. My strength is in country music and my gospel is just not strong. I know that I can't put my heart and soul into writing music I have to work so hard at! So I've decided to turn down the contact.

To be very honest, I feel GREAT with my decision. I have to tell him tomorrow and then I have two days of vacationing in Music City before I head home.... Ad once home I have Christmas, housework, and GETTING READY FOR A BABY!!

I just feel so good. I'm happy, done work, getting ready for a baby. Hopefully the in law issues don't flare up too much and DH and I can enjoy our winter!

And of course I can spend more time with you all!

Thanks so much for reading yet another of my novels! look forward to being an actual participant n the board again, instead of a fly by night poster!

DD #1 born April 5, 2013; 9 lbs 11 oz
Baby # 2 due late July 2015.... Shhhhhh! Facebook doesn't know yet!