View Single Post
December 6th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Super Mommy
I'm so sorry your ex is being such a jerk. Pressuring you and resorting to verbal and emotional abuse to get you to end a life just to suit his convenience is truly awful, and I'm so glad you have supportive family and friends.

First off, in no way is this 'selfish,' 'stupid,' or any other of the crazy things he may have told you. On reality, he should be manning up and taking responsiblity for this child. He chose to have unprotected sex and it's not his right or decision to end this baby's life just because he doesn't feel like being involved in raising him or her! You are being strong and you are this baby's only protector. This isn't the way it should be, but at least it sounds like you have loving people around you.

My advice would be to surround yourself with the positive, loving people in your life, and just be done with your ex. If he comes around and wants to be part of the pregnancy, fine. Otherwise, just don't even talk to him and let his poisonous talk into your life. Join a due date club on this site, let yourself get excited about this little one. You have 8 months to contemplate adoption, so don't feel like you need to rush to make a decision. Enjoy this pregnancy and these first weeks growing your little person! This is absolutely not about your ex, his needs, or his wants. It's about you and your baby and really that's all right now.

Congratulations, and please keep us posted! There's a great support network here!