View Single Post
December 6th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Veteran
I agree that you should tell her, in person, when you see her. Explain the same things you said here, that you want to ensure that the company is successful while you are out, so you'd like to start training someone soon. You sound very prepared and organized, so use your strengths and show the boss that you want to make this time on them as painless as possible by having a detailed plan on how you plan to work with your mentee (I do know that's not a word), your new position, and new family.

Do you plan on keeping up with some aspects of the job while on maternity leave to keep yourself prepared for the new role? That may help you feel like you aren't missing out on any opportunities. I'm not saying to work the whole time you are out, but keep in contact so you don't fall out of sight, out of mind. Just a thought. I obviously don't know how hard it is to take care of a baby, so this all may be hogwash.

I'm sure that once you get it written down and off your chest, your anxiety will go away!