View Single Post
December 9th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Veteran
Today is our 3rd day of CIO. I said I would never, ever be comfortable doing that with her...but that's where we're at. She didn't want to be rocked to sleep, she didn't want to go to sleep on her own anymore.

I'm not gonna lie, the first night was hard. We put her down at 7:10...she cried hard for 20 mins total. I went in at the 10 min mark and picked her up, calmed her down, and put her back down. She cried for another 10, and then rolled around in her crib for about 5 minutes (not crying at all) until she fell asleep.

She woke up at 11:30 and I fed her, because she hadn't eaten since 4 (didn't want her last bottle of the night before bed for some reason). Back down, no crying.

She woke again at 2:37 am. I knew she couldn't be hungry, because she's used to going 7+ hours w/o a bottle at night. So...we let her cry. She cried hard for 30 minutes total, with me going in after 10 minutes to pick her up and calm her down. That was excruciating.

Yesterday was day two, and she only cried for 10 minutes for one of her naps. She cried maybe 5 minutes at bedtime last night, then woke up at 3 for a bottle, back down w/o a peep. Slept till 7.

My mom is with her today, so we'll see how she does.

I've heard CIO shouldn't be used to night wean...it's best for babies who don't go to sleep on their own. To night wean, it's better to slowly reduce the amount in the bottle (by an ounce every couple days until switching to water).