View Single Post
December 9th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and feel ready to jump in now. I've been around JM for about 8 years on and off, mostly from the heated debate boards back when it was active.

DH and I had been trying for 4 months when I fell pregnant in July. A week after finding out, I started bleeding heavily, and my hcg had already fallen to 10 on day 1 of bleeding. We tried again after two periods and I again became pregnant on October 9th. On November 13th I started having some very light spotting and decided to try and wait it out until my appt. the next Thursday.

By Monday, I was cramping pretty bad, but still not much blood, but decided to go to the ER for piece of mind. They did a very long ultrasound and said I had a subchorionic hematoma that was 1.5mm and shouldn't cause any problems. The baby's heartbeat was easily detectable at 160BPM and everything was measuring on point. I asked about my activity level and the ER doctor said I could go about normally, that there was no big risk. I also had a UTI which he said was causing the cramping. On Wednesday, I started bleeding a little heavier, but still light. On Thursday we went in for our first appt (8 weeks 1 day by my count/ 8 weeks 5 days based on LMP) and there was no heartbeat. What's killing me is having no idea what happened in a matter of 3 days. The ER dr. wouldn't order a progesterone level, despite me repeatedly asking. I feel like that may be the issue because my luteal phase is very screwed up.

I see the dr. again this Wednesday for my D&C follow-up and some testing though I don't really know what to expect. I am ready to start trying again as soon as we get the go-ahead but the nagging thought of how I would handle another loss is giving me pause. I already have two children (7 & 4) so this is extra confusing as I didn't have any issues other than a shortened cervix with #1 which has never been a critical issue.

I've been using OPK's for a few days because I feel like I am gearing up to O soon, my surgery was 19 days ago. I usually O on CD 17 or 18.

Has anyone else had experience with the subchorionic bleed and is it something that can happen repeatedly or is it just a one time fluke thing?

Hope to get to know you all better!