View Single Post
December 9th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Veteran
So I'm pretty angry at my obgyn and not sure how to go about this. 3 weeks ago when my husband was at my apt, he asked the dr how possible it is that our baby will get hematomacrosis, a disorder he has that isn't THAT serious and just causes elevated iron levels. The dr said he'd write a referral to a genetic counselor who we could ask at the hospital i'm delivering at. We told his dad about this, and he said he doesn't recommend us going because 1. it isn't serious, 2. the counselor will probably assume we're considering abortion, which we absolutely aren't. Anyway, today the dr asked about that apt, and I said we decided not to do it. He said it isn't optional and we have to go. I was thinking, what??? since when did referrals become mandatory, especially when it's something that's not life threatening to the baby??? Hubby will have to take a day off to do this, over something we honestly don't care about finding out. What should we tell him??? this made me angry. I mean, I don't want to make him mad since he IS delivering the baby, but at the same time, I find it very strange.