View Single Post
December 10th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The kids I worked with before I got hurt were kids with social and emotional disabilities.

I would say the cold turkey cut off of the meds is what caused a lot of his anger issues.

We had a kid, the kid who hurt me actually. When he would get into a manic episode, he would attack us, and himself. He would slam his head on the floor. He would bit himself. He would grab his head and try to break his own neck. Once he came out of these episodes, he would literally have to ask us what he did. He would point to a bruise on his arm and say, "What happened?" And we'd have to tell him that he tried to hurt himself. He never understood what he was doing as he was doing it.

I can't say for sure, but it could be that he didn't know what he was doing or saying, just acting in the moment.

Kind of like when you get really pissed and throw your phone at the wall, and then wonder why you did it.