View Single Post
December 11th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Hi there,

I am new to this board and am looking for some support and would like to hear from those who are going through the same thing as I or have already.

I am 31 years old and this is my second pregnancy. I am 16 weeks along and one day. This pregnancy has totally been a roller-coaster so far for me. It started at 11 weeks...the funny thing is is that I had no clue that I was even pregnant. I had ended my period and had brown spotting for a month afterwards. I thought something was wrong so I went to the emergency as I didn't have a family doctor. They ran a bunch of tests and sure enough I was pregnant lol! That came as a shock but okay I wasn't dying and didn't have cancer so great They scheduled me for an ultrasound two days after.

In the ultrasound they saw three small clots, doc wasn't worried as they were tiny and I believe they were in the mm's. Three weeks later I hemorrhaged. Went to the ER as I thought I was miscarrying but that wasn't the case. An ultrasound later showed that I was down to two clots but one grew huge- 13 cm's! They referred me to a high risk doctor at the hospital. Saw them for the first time last Monday. They did an ultrasound and it showed that I now only have one clot and it is 17cm. I asked the doctor if the second clot absorbed in the bigger one and maybe that is why it is now 17cm? They didn't have an answer. They have no answers...its a waiting game. The doctor said I will likely miscarry and be prepared for that. I should mention that the clot is right beside the placenta but the placenta remains untouched. I am taking the max dose of iron right now as well as supplements for the pregnancy. Health wise I feel fine, I still have spotting but very little and it is brown. The only time I experienced red blood was during the hemorrhage.

I am feeling a little discouraged. I am trying to keep positive, get lots of rest and put all my trust in the lord's hands.

Jen