View Single Post
December 11th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Selah's Mommy
After one year of marriage, the loss of our first baby, and with both of us being one year away from graduating, my DH is sleeping on the couch tonight.

He has decided that if we were to become pregnant right now, we should allow his parents to take care of our baby until we've graduated and have solid jobs. This plan wouldn't be so bad, except for the fact that his parents live on another continent. Where we would have to plan for MONTHS to even VISIT our child and save up for plane tickets. Oh, and schedule that around our vacations. Not to mention the fact that his mother dislikes me in the first place.

Now I'm afraid to even become pregnant in the first place because I don't want our child's youngest years to be stolen from me. We already lost one baby. This is asking too much. Apparently, a similar thing happened to another girl at school, so that's where the idea came from.
The best place for a child is with the parents anyway! And I wouldn't consider any alternatives to breastfeeding, so the plan isn't even feasible.

I'm so angry about this, I can't even talk to him about the MAJOR flaws in this plan. Of course, I would never allow this to happen. Worse case scenario, my mom and sisters (who live in the same city) would be able to help us. I understand that he is very concerned about our careers right now, and it's a hard economy, but I am so hurt that he would even think about sending our baby to live with his parents.

Rant over.. but why don't men have a filter? Or at least a brain to think a scenario all the way through before talking!

(maybemommy413)

Last edited by AngelMommy413; December 11th, 2013 at 03:29 PM.