Topic: Seton Anyone?
View Single Post
December 11th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Regular
I use Seton. I've used it for around 5 years. I placed my girls into a private school for a year around 2 years ago and discovered that my kids were 1 1/2 years ahead of the other kids in their grades. It is a great program, but it does require a lot of work. I don't mind the ultra religious books because we are Catholic and it is important that my girls truly understand their faith. I discovered that I truly don't understand my Catholic faith because I only went to church and attended my 50 minute CCD classes as a kid. I'm learning about the Catholic faith in more detail with my girls.

The big con for me is the lack of choice for book reports. My girls love reading and would love to choose their own books. I can understand why Seton chooses the books, it's because the teachers that grade them need to be familiar with the books. I still feel they should have a bigger book list to pick from.

My daughters are currently in the 5th and 7th grades. We plan to use Seton through high school. I regret leaving the program, because it has been difficult for my girls to catch-up in a few subjects.

If you have any questions please ask me.

Nancy