View Single Post
December 13th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Our TTC journey ultimately began in 2007. It took us exactly 25 months and 3 rounds of clomid to get pregnant with our first daughter. She was born 05/2010 and it was love at first site. We instantly knew that wanted another baby ASAP. When she was only 5 months old I got pregnant again and miscarried before I ever really got the chance to get used to the idea of being pregnant again. Just a few months later we found out we were expecting again and 12/2011 we added another girl into our family (on her daddy's birthday!).

Two under two was a rough ordeal for me for the better part of that first year but the closer my baby got to turning 1, the more I started to get that itch for another bitty baby. I stopped BC 11/2012 but was still breastfeeding and my cycles didn't return until 02/2013 and that is when we began TTC in earnest. My cycles were all over the place and I wasn't always ovulating or ovulating late so having had past success with clomid I went to my doctor and got prescribed it again. I did four rounds on the clomid and my body successfully responded to it but I was not getting pregnant. During the process I was becoming very emotional and gaining a lot of weight.

In 09/2013 I made the very difficult decision to put TTC on hold and try to get myself to a healthier place so that we could continue. I went on phentermine and made some drastic diet/exercises changes and lost 30 lbs in 2 months! I had one more month of phentermine to go and plans to lose another 20 lbs before TTC again when I got a very surprise BFP! So here I am! God had bigger and better plans for me than I did for myself and I am happy that he knows better than I do.

We saw our little bean for the first time this week and he/she had a beautiful heartbeat measuring at 174 bpm. Love at first sight!

Rachel-29 DH-28 DD1-4 DD2-2