View Single Post
December 13th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Courtney
I am new here, and am so excited to be starting a journal--I only wish I had started one sooner! I just wanted to start a journal, to help me remember everything down the road. I would have loved to have kept track of my journey from the start, but better late than never.
Well, I am Courtney, I'm 22--almost 23--and DH is 27. We got married in August 2012 and we were both open to starting a family right away. I've never been on BC or any contraceptives, and I've always had regular cycles. And I come from a rather "fertile" family, haha.

Because of my fertile family background, I really wasn't concerned about TTC, so DH and I started out NTNP, then after a few months of not getting pregnant I started temping to make sure I was ovulating- I was. A few more months went by and now I am full-fledged TTC, taking my BBT and checking my CM, and trying various supplements to see what may give me my BFP. My cycles on paper look pretty great- usually O around CD 16, and have 29 - 31 day cycles. The ONLY thing I have noticed is that I barely ever get any EWCM. Usually at best I get creamy, and occasionally, if I'm lucky, I might see a tiny, tiny bit of fertile-ish quality CM, being clear-ish with a tiny bit of stretch to it. But even then, I'll usually notice it once, and the next time I check it's back to creamy.

I am finally biting the bullet and visiting an OB/GYN next Friday- I've actually never visited one before (I know I should have!) so I'm not totally sure what to expect, but I will be talking to her and see if I can get some answers about why I'm having such difficulty getting pregnant.

Right now I am on CD 2 (grr AF showed yesterday). I was an emotional wreck yesterday (poor DH) because I want to be pregnant soooo badly. Today was better, I'm picking myself up and getting together a game plan! This cycle I am going to try some new things, so I'm excited

First- I am going to use Pre-Seed. My lack of EWCM has me concerned, so this is something I've been thinking about for a while. I ordered some last month, but was traveling during my O time and forgot to bring the stupid lube! So missed that chance. Also, I'm going to try some guaifenesin. Not sure if it's best to do both Pre-Seed and guaif? But going to try anyway. Ordered that yesterday, should be here soon. And then I also ordered some vitex. Not really sure if I need it, but I figured why not? It's supposed to help regulate hormones, so that can never hurt! I tend to be rather emotional fairly often (ahem... again, poor DH), so I am a little suspicious of some sort of hormonal imbalance. My sister has PCOS and a ton of my family has hypothyroidism, so it's very possible I have something out of whack.

Well that's it for now. If I can figure it out, I'll try to link up my FF chart on here.... No clue how though. I am SO bad with computers