View Single Post
December 15th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
so my first birth was a little scary and didnt exactly go acording to plan I started bleeding at 35 weeks like left a trail of blood to the bathroom bleeding. went to the hospital were half the staff wanted to send me home and half the staff said i was in labor. finally the doctor declared i definatly was in labor and gave me a shot to stop it but it was to late at that point and my water broke. so we spent the whole night with me bleeding on puppy pads waiting for the shot to wear off so i chould start to dialate. i ended up getting an epi the next day becuse i chouldnt handle it anymore finally it was time for the show and they had the OR preped and a crash cart outside my room becuse well basicly becuse they didnt think i was going to be able to deliver vaginally without one or both of us going into shock. I did I actually was told i did amazingly well but anyway my son had swollowed alot of blood ended up jaundiced chouldnt regulate his temps ect he spent 2 weeks in the hospital and had lost over 20% bodyweight by the time we got to bring him home.

all of this is to let you know that for very good reson my better half is extreamly nervous about our daughters birth. which while completly understandable and even endering is really starting to get on my nerves. for starters iv made it pretty clear that as long as things are kosher ie not bleeding like a sive or only 35 weeks along id like to labor at home as long as possible partly to keep away from not so Natural Birth friendly hospital regs (my local hospital is pretty clinincal no food or drink continual monitering back birthing heck they dont even have an LC) and also becuse my mom has like a 5 hour drive to come watch our son and id rather not go in untill she gets here......while hes makeing it pretty clear he wants me in the hospital the moment i think i might think about being in labor incase something happens agin.

how can i get him on my side? the best argument iv come up with so far is im not going to not eat for 20 hours agin when i can stay home and be comfortable his solution is that he will sneak food into the hospital for me.