View Single Post
December 18th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Regular
I am so sorry you are having a rough time-it sounds like your mood is being influenced greatly by situational issues that you have no control over and I can imagine how hard that is for you. Being pregnant is hard enough but when you add outside stressors to the situation, it can seem impossible to deal with.

Just know you are not alone and there is hope. I use a lot of DBT skills and one of them is to treat moods and anxiety with pleasant events. I agree with LisaMT on doing something to make you happy. I know the last thing you may feel like doing is picking yourself up and doing something pleasant but sometimes, for me anyway, something as simple as lighting a candle and smelling it and watching the flame flicker or listening to a favorite song can help even if just in that moment. I have a list of over 100 pleasant events that I choose from and force myself to do and often times, it helps more than I thought it would. Just an idea!

Hang in there and know that you are stronger than you may think and you will get through this...I wish you the best!