View Single Post
December 18th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Hi all! It has been 11 years since I have been pregnant and this came as quite a surprise as I have been either on the Mirena or the pill since my last was born. I am 34 years old and just found out late last week I am pregnant (about 4 weeks along today). While we were not planning this we are still excited, as well as shocked. I don't remember being this worried with my previous pregnancies, hoping you all have some advice for me! My main concerns are that I refinished a table, with chemicals, about a week prior to discovering the pregnancy. I also am worried about my age being a factor, I am due 2 days before my 35th birthday but I know my risks must be higher than a 20-something mom-to-be. I was at 2 Christmas parties, one a week before the BFP and the other just two days before, both I drank at. The latter party just 2 beers the other quite a few cocktails. Then the day after the positive result I very lightly spotted light pink in the morning once then a small amount of brown once and was gone by early afternoon then nothing since. Everything I read says implantation bleeding comes before the BFP so I am confused on this?! I am waiting for a call back from my DR but she is taking her time and I am not a patient person. Hope some of you can help answer my questions!