Topic: Diaper Bags?
View Single Post
December 19th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Super Mommy
As a heads up for first timers or long-since timers , DS's day care require us to use the bag they provided. It was a tiny little tote bag and we could only pack what we could fit so it basically held a week's worth of diapers and wipes and spare clothes. I would walk it in on Mondays and take it home on Fridays unless there were issues mid week.

I tend to be a super light packer. I always kept 2 complete baby outfits and diapers in our cars, and then I'd carry in just one spare change from home. Given the choice, I'd change him out of the tailgate of the car before I'd use a changing table at a stadium/park bathroom, etc. In general, we hauled in as little as possible unless I knew we were in for a super long day (like traveling).

I also wanted the lightest BAG possible because the gear piled in there gets to be so heavy! But then again, I carried the baby and not the car seat. We didn't do the all-in-one car seat things. We just picked him up out of the seat, yes sleeping or not, like we were 35/40 years ago and kept going. I used my babyhawk pouch when I needed to be handsfree and of course I LOVED my stroller.

But the less we carried on us, the happier the husband was.