View Single Post
December 21st, 2013, 11:20 AM
Super Mommy
Our traditions have been slowly evolving and changing the longer we have been married/as our kids grow. I *think* we have some that are going to stick now. Last year was the first year we got to be at home christmas morning just us and the kids, I made an overnight french toast and we opened presents and ate and then got ready to go to my moms for the rest of the day. Boxing day was all day at the in-laws, which is a tradition in itself.
I didn't realize cut trees were so expensive! We've never done it, the first year we were married we found out Ikea sold trees for $20.. (any size and type) and you got a $20 off coupon for purchases in Jan/Feb. So as long as you needed to buy some things at Ikea in the new year, it's free! That became our tradition, we usually go the first weekend of december, we get cinnamon buns and coffee, get the tree and wander through the store, sometimes eating in the cafe there. It's fun! Now I won't' feel guilty anymore about not getting the traditional cutting down the tree shot