View Single Post
December 23rd, 2013, 10:43 AM
First-time Mommy-to-Be!
Thank you all for your stories and input - I really, really do appreciate it.

We both understand that this situation for us is very temporary... our major concern here is that by the time the baby would be here, we'll have had little time to plan. I only graduate in May, and that doesn't give me any time to get into a job in my field and start working long enough to be afforded time off for a baby. We can't support ourselves on my fiance's income alone, and we have no way of paying off our debts until we are both working. The other issue is that yes, we could apply for government help and many other things, but we don't want to have to do that to get by. We don't want to rely on this or that service to be just getting by and making it work. We want to have had plenty of time to set money aside and have a stable home with stable jobs for both of us so we can do everything we need to do for a baby on our own and still have some left over. In order for me to be employed by the time the baby would come, I would need to put a stop to my education, which isn't an option. There just isn't enough time for me to graduate in May and get into a job. No one would hire me knowing that I would have to take months off shortly after starting.

He and I continue to talk about it whenever either of us feels the need to express our feelings. We want to be able to have a baby, someday, but this just doesn't feel like the right time for us. We're barely holding ourselves together as it is, let alone shaking things up with a child and bringing him/her into this situation.