View Single Post
December 23rd, 2013, 10:07 AM
Courtney
Hi Kelley! Thanks for sharing your concern. I'll be honest, I actually don't really know why she wants to put me on BC. I don't have very good feelings about it. I *think* she wants to try to give me a good ovulation, or something like that...? I don't know. I've never heard of that before, so it makes me a little wary. On the one hand, I think "I should trust the doctor, I'm sure she knows what she's doing." But on the other hand, I'm afraid of BC for the reasons you wrote- I don't want to mess up my cycle and have it take me even longer to get pregnant! I've never been on BC and really never planned to be. I think I may just tell her when I go back that I'm not comfortable being put on BC and I'd rather try naturally for a while longer, if that's my only option (since my insurance doesn't cover anything for fertility).

And also, a lady at my church saw this doctor for a while, she put her on progesterone-only BC (she wasn't TTC at the time but was planning to in about a year). Well the lady got pregnant on the BC after about 6 months. She was surprised but very happy because she knew she wanted kids, but it ended up being ectopic and had to be aborted to save the tube. So she was devastated of course. She said she blames the BC for the ectopic. Don't know if that's true or not, but it does make me want to stay away from progesterone-only BC, just in case! She also warned me not to see this doctor, said there's a much better one about 45 minutes away who is worth driving to. So I don't know.

That's exciting to hear of your Mucinex success!! I've tried various other things to try to improve my CM, but nothing seemed to work. I even tried FertileCM which had loads of reviews about how much EWCM it produced for other people...for me, no change lol. Mucinex so far has given me a nice boost, so that's great. Good luck for you this cycle!! Maybe we'll both get Mucinex BFPs